In the U.S., around 436,000 people die from cardiac arrest each year. Globally, there are over 135 million cardiovascular fatalities each year. This makes death by cardiac arrest more likely than colorectal, breast, and prostate cancer, influenza, pneumonia, house fires, gun violence, HIV, and car accident deaths combined. Considering the fact that immediate CPR treatment doubles the likelihood of survival for those suffering from a cardiac arrest, imagine how many of those deaths could be prevented if more people were certified in CPR and AED skills. CPR and first aid training is an invaluable resource for becoming capable of helping anyone around you experiencing a heart attack, cardiac arrest, stroke, gunshot wound, overdose, anaphylactic shock, and many other conditions. CPR4LIFE USA offers complete onsite training for manufacturing and industrial companies in Minneapolis, MN and the Twin Cities region, including CPR/AED, general first aid, severe trauma first aid, and more.
The Benefits of Onsite Training
Our instructors are able to quickly and effectively provide life-saving lessons and certification to your staff onsite, so you can greatly improve the safety of all your employees in the event of an emergency. Onsite training for manufacturing and industrial companies is often more beneficial than virtual or off-site training because your staff can learn in the context of their own workplace.
Learning in the context of their workplace will help employees locate AEDs faster, navigate obstacles, alert coworkers, quickly call 911, and feel more comfortable offering immediate action. This is especially helpful for industrial and manufacturing employees working in places where cardiac arrests are more frequent due to heavy lifting and overexertion or where there are trip and fall hazards, machinery, power tools, and other serious risks.
Some basic CPR stats:
- CPR treatment doubles or triples the chance of survival for those experiencing cardiac arrest, stroke, or a heart attack.
- More than 350,000 cardiac arrests occur outside of hospitals in the U.S.
- Cardiac arrests outside of a hospital occur 73.4% at home, 16.3% in public (including the workplace), and 10.3% in nursing homes.
- Only 40% of people who have a cardiac arrest receive immediate assistance prior to the arrival of EMS.
- Only 50% of people are able to quickly locate an AED at work.
- 10,000 cardiac arrests occur in the workplace in the U.S. each year.
- For every minute that goes by without CPR, a person having a cardiac arrest is 10% more likely to die.
- EMS takes around 4 to 10 minutes to reach a person in cardiac arrest.
- Workplace injuries and deaths cost U.S. companies around $62 billion every year.
The risk of workplace injuries or death can be significantly lowered when a full staff is CPR-certified. To learn more about onsite training for manufacturing and industrial companies in Minneapolis, MN for CPR and more, please contact CPR4LIFE USA today at (507) 369-6422 or email@example.com.